Friday, June 18, 2010

the see

extending the ride from yesterday's post re: paying attention to inner stories, something happened today that had me take notice. And it revolved around one of my oh-so-favorite soft spots: money.

i got a message from a friend about some money moments that sent me into a judgmental storyline that was well on it's way to chapter infinity, when suddenly, in the middle of the weaving, i stopped and noticed. just stopped. and noticed. and asked: hey there, little lady, what's that story you're making up there? whyfore you doing that? um, because i'm used to spinning all kinds of tales about having, giving, managing money. because in order to make myself ok in this situation i have to make someone else wrong. because the fact that she asked for what she needs makes me uncomfortable. because i think i'm compassionate, but something like this exposes my judgments.

and i just watched myself. didn't do anything except notice. in fact, i think she's incredibly brave for asking, for letting me see her vulnerability and i thank her for letting me see mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment