Wednesday, September 22, 2010

things that make me think

There's a blog I follow called The Pole Story. The latest entry is about a movie called Redlight, a documentary about sex trafficking in Cambodia. The woman who writes the blog, Claire Griffin Sterrett, brings up some really interesting points about how potent and scary it can be to freely express sexuality in the world (primarily, but with a few exceptions, females expressing their sexuality). Really worth reading (click on The Pole Story above).

Another article that seemed to go hand-in-hand was one I just read in the NY Times called "Afghan Boys Are Prized, So Girls Live the Part" that is pretty much about exactly what the title says.

Both of these pieces remind me to be grateful that I have the freedom to proudly live my femaleness in public and explore (now more than ever) my sexuality where I choose. That I have in my life both women and men (& one man in particular) who appreciate the exploration and who are often on the same path. This is lucky and I don't want to take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment